Monday, May 2, 2011

100 New Recipes Before I Turn 46.....

Monday, May 2, 2011......

Last September,  I turned 45 and made a list of things I wanted to do before I turned 46.  The list I compiled wasn't a 'to-do' list, nor would I consider it a New Year's resolution list, but a list of things that would challenge me in a fun way.

The list included such items as read 24 books (I'm admittedly a very slow reader, but am always wanting to read more), train for a sprint triathlon and try 100 new recipes.

When I told people about my 100 new recipe challenge, many people thought I was crazy, personally I thought this challenge was a snap until I realized I never recorded a single recipe I made.  I forgot to keep a list.  I've probably have made 80 new recipes since September, but haven't a real clue what they are.

This blog serves as a record of my adventure into my take of cooking 100 new recipes before mid-September.    I started today because I'm going meatless for the month of May and wanted to record my take on foods I've never really worked such as tofu, seitan or tempeh.  I'm curious to see if plant-based foods will satisfy my carnivore cravings, but don't think this blog will be entirely devoted to vegetarian or vegan recipes.  I throw monthly gourmet dinner parties to collect food for my local food pantry where my dinner guests are subject to any new recipe that catches my eye....and live with a carnivore who calls tofu, toe-food.

If anyone reads my blog and has a recipe suggestion I haven't tried and would like me to try (depending upon if I can reasonably afford it), please send it to me.  I will take pictures of all my finished recipes via my Verizon Samsung phone (I'm probably the only human being who doesn't own or want a digital camera, but may during this experiment).

No comments:

Post a Comment